Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Little Richard's World of Mirth - An Unnecessary Film by Rich Krueger

One might begin at the beginning which was 1995 but let’s just begin at my blog note of Monday, January 4, 2010 entitled “The Making Of The FIRST EVER Dysfunctionells Music Video: Trying To Give Credit Where It Credits Due While You Are Actually Stealing Another's Work”. Well, the video is finished and published on youtube.com ...The FIRST EVER  Dysfunctionells music video of "Little Richard's World of Mirth" from the good people at Copyright Schmopyright, Inc. and Unnecessary Art, Ltd. I hope you like it and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

Initial praise has been awesome...

Ladies and Gentleman it is time to get your pull quote raving about the film right her…right now…so WATCH THE VIDEO, EH?


I would like to say that after seeing this film I made...I think it gives insight into how my mind works...or rather, wanders.  No wonder I am often distracted.  Anyway, there are a couple mistakes in the film I hope to correct.  First, I meant to include images or clips of Kenneth Anger and Anais Nin  and Aleister Crowley from Anger's "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome"  (bits of "Rabbit's Moon" appear as well of course) as well as Samson De Brier and Renate Druks.  In addition I labeled Renate Druks footage as being Anias Nin. Further I had hope to include the boobies-bearing Julie Andrews from Blake Edwards film "S.O.B" and of course the very hot Natalie Wood from "The Great Race"  I certainly wanted to include some hot band footage from Billy Wilder's "Some Like It Hot", but I thought it too too well known.  And I did misspell a few names in the credits...including my own.

I would like to take this time to send out a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the folks appearing for free in tonight’s film: the dysfunctionells, frank 'cannonball' richards, francesco lentini - the three- legged man, waldo the regurgitating geek, luis martinetti – contortionist, john wilkes booth – mummy and actor, adolph elizabeth hitler and his mercedes, koo-koo the bird girl, johnny eck the man born without a body, the marx brothers, george herriman's ignatz and krazy kat, winsor mccay's gertie the dinosaur, the town of dildo newfoundland oh Canada, anais nin, renate drukskenneth anger, samson de brier, aleister crowley, grim natwick and max fleischer's betty boop and ko ko the clown and  bimbo, emile cohl's fantasmagorie and hashers delirium, jack lemmon and peter falk, keenan wynn and tony curtis, gypsy rose lee, wgn and bob ‘bozo’ bell, and nancy and sluggo and in addition we have to thank our families, our fans, our friends, marshall was it dawson? who recorded and mixed the track ...you done really good, wendy and the charleston, jimmy's woodlawn tap, cardiff giant, chris farrell, susan and brian kozins, john bowin, doug brush, sue miller and julia adams and the lounge ax, the mercury lounge, peter stampfel and  the holy holy modal rounders, the jim rose circus, riverview amusement park on belmont, jims polanski and newberry, phil ranstrom, beat kitchen, coney island in brooklyn, various and sordid carnival workers you know who you are, little richard thomas who is still alive running a folk fest somewhere on the east coast for christ sakes and still selling those french fries, kurt weill, tom waits, tod browning, death, life magazine, the world wide web, so many unnamed filmmakers everywhere, http://www.youtube.com/, max fleischer studios, paramount pictures, google, wikipedia, genetic mutation, julie andrews, blake edwards, the santa monica pier, http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/, http://thehumanmarvels.com/, edison's 'black maria' studio,  PLEASE DO NOT SUE ME FOR INFRINGEMENT I MEAN WHAT WHAT REAL HARM HAVE I DONE I MEAN COME ON!

I give you all my love as usual...
Your humble servant,
Rich Krueger

PS Hey Everybody! BIG NEWS! Just landed a job in Chicago so I finally get to go back where I belong.

1 comment:

  1. THE CRITICS HAVE CONTINUED TO SPEAK!

    “Nice job. That's a great recording of the song. Albuquerque is going to miss you. ” Martin Stampel of Fast Heart Mart, Albuquerque finest singer-songwriter

    “Its' a sweet tune and video that touches my inner geek. And I do mean geek in the carney definition of the word.” – Al Day, Chicago singer-songwriter

    “So glad the disfunctionelles (sp?) are there for posterity, likewise yr fine song. great visuals!” – Peter Stampfel of The Holy Holy Modal Rounders

    “A truly great song and and video! They are both perfect examples of the high art of capturing the lower spectrum of American taste. Who says, "Trash ain't purdy"? It's gorgeous!
    ” - “Chris Farrell, Chicago actor and sing-songwriter

    “Terrific--nice work” – Jim Newberry, photographer to the stars

    “Excellent--lovely video, catchy song about the dark carnival 'o life” – Gary Lucas, Einstein of the guitar, leader of God and Monsters and member of Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

    “Very Cool...Dig the credits at the end.... reminded me of going to freak shows in Mississippi when I was growing up...it haunts and intrigues me to this day. “ Grant Tye of the Robbie Fulks band

    “That's really fun.” – Joe Winston, Film Maker


    “How’s your REAL work coming, dear? You know, what you get paid for?” Liz Hawkes, esteemed Pediatrician, fantastic mother, and my wife at least until she finally wises up

    Ladies and Gentleman it is time to get your pull quote raving about the film right her…right now…so WATCH THE VIDEO, EH?

    ReplyDelete