Friday, January 8, 2010

Osama Bin Laden Joins ZZ Top: A Word Salad



Pieter Breughal Dulle Griet (Mad Meg) 1562
 PS  You can view a higher res look at this picture by clicking it...

Osama Bin Laden Joins ZZ Top: A Word Salad
"I was hurt real bad at birth. And I was hit by a train when I was three."

If I can get medical and stay down low
And I make it, well I'll go
Somewhere new and wash these clothes
Something certainly turned on me
Dorothy died and on the net
Is one big lie far as I see
But I got no computer yet

I'd been an actor and a star
And sold insurance and new used cars
I worked one and one half day so far
But then something got their hands on me
And beat the crap out of Two Thousand Three
I almost died. Well lucky me

But Francine. Is she okay?
And Francine. Is she still so mean?

Cup of coffee. Can of chew.
A woman to care for you
I am the same age as you
But look like I'm bout 82

I know the value pennies hold
A penny shines near good as gold
But it was poison by the way she acted
Since the '60s I been distracted
Got run over that Halloween
By a car drove from Vegas to Christmas Eve

Needles don't want me near their Lord
You'd think by the way they all were talking
It was me that run over that 4 x 4
And I get a ticket for J-walking
The cops poured me on a bus
As there weren't no hospital near
God fuck Needles and their good church folk
I been living outside these last four years

Used to be a good looking man
Vegas give you a real thick tan
Dig you a 10 foot hole in 10 minutes flat
Then drop them bodies in the sand
Good team of women behind me then
Who all turned whores for heroin

Them bikers real bad bikers yes
Cocaine mountains Ozark's best
Daredevils percodans and glue
And a wealthy grandma too
Want a place where I can crash
Got hit by a train. They paid in cash

Jesus is she still okay?
Christ I knew just what she'd say

Cup of coffee. Can of chew.
And a woman to care for you
I'm 49 same as you
But look more like I'm 82

I live back of the boxing gym
In a trailer hidden by some trees
Here I've rid myself of dreams
You couldn't even hear the screams
A coffee shop smile used to get me some
But coffee shop women don't want me none

Needles nearly took my leg
Been better had they took my head
I just had to tell them no
Then haul ass to New Mexico

Cup of coffee. Can of chew.
A woman to care for you
I am the same age as you
But look like I'm bout 82

                                         - Yesterday 1/7/09

PS A Winning's open mike reports will have to wait for my return.  Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment